Our approach to the Energy Efficiency Regulations

Please don't submit an application unless the property has a valid EPC or exemption. Applications on properties which don't have this will be declined.

If a valid EPC Certificate is obtained within 28 days, please email a copy to dip@themortgageworks.co.uk so that we can reinstate the application on the original product selected. Any fees that have been refunded will need to be paid.

If a certificate is not available within 28 days, the application will need to be resubmitted and a new product selected, once a certificate has been obtained.

When inputting the property address, please ensure this is keyed correctly as we'll automatically verify that it has a valid EPC or exemption on the register.

In England and Wales, landlords must ensure their properties have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of ‘E’ or higher - this applies to properties where there are existing tenants, as well as properties where a new tenancy is being created.

The rules for properties in Scotland are different - for more information, read our approach to the Energy Efficiency Regulations.

You can also check that your property has a valid EPC by using the services below to find the energy certificates for your property.

  • For an England and Wales energy performance certificate here
  • For a Scotland energy performance certificate here

Below are the full details of the TMW Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) valuation policy: