Switch your client's mortgage online
It's simple to switch your client’s deal online
If your client’s already a customer with The Mortgage Works, and they’re eligible to switch using our Online Mortgage Switcher (OMS) service, you can login to TMW Online to:
- Compare their current mortgage with our latest offers
- Shortlist the mortgages they’re interested in and compare rates, features and monthly payments
- Switch their deal online in a matter of minutes
If you require account specific information prior to creating a switcher application, please ensure you have completed the Third Party Authority Form. The form should then be emailed to SLLand&Deeds@nationwide.co.uk or posted to the address at the bottom of the form.
Be aware - switcher dates
You can switch your client's mortgage up to six weeks before their mortgage deal is ending, although the new rate won't take effect until the current deal expires.
Product switches always take effect from the 1st of the month. Switcher applications must be submitted and accepted, at least five days before this. After this time, the new deal won't apply until the 1st of the following month.
The table below shows the dates that an application can be submitted and accepted, in order to apply from the 1st of the following month.
|Date new deal applies from||Earliest acceptance date||Last acceptance date|
|1 April 2019||17 February 2019||27 March 2019|
|1 May 2019||19 March 2019||26 April 2019|
|1 June 2019||19 April 2019||27 May 2019|
|1 July 2019||19 May 2019||26 June 2019|
|1 August 2019||19 June 2019||27 July 2019|
|1 September 2019||20 July 2019||27 August 2019|
|1 October 2019||19 August 2019||26 September 2019|
|1 November 2019||19 September 2019||27 October 2019|
|1 December 2019||19 October 2019||26 November 2019|
|1 January 2020||19 November 2019||27 December 2019|
What do I need to do?
You’ll need to access the OMS by following these simple steps:
- Login to TMW Online as normal.
- On the welcome screen select ’I want to create or search for a product switch case’.
- Then enter the following details to start the process:
- The first 8 digits of your client's mortgage account number
- Their date of birth.
- The sort code of the bank/building society account from which their mortgage Direct Debit is taken (if they don’t pay by Direct Debit, enter their exact last payment amount).
What happens once I've logged in?Follow the steps below to find out how to switch your client’s mortgage using our OMS service. Please view our switcher FAQs
What about procuration fees?
We’ll pay a gross procuration fee of 0.20% for new product switch applications. Full information is on our procuration fees page.