Use our online product finder to get the right mortgage product for your clients. It’s quick, easy and brings you details of all our deals. You can also view our latest product guides.
Buy to Let mortgages
Including standard Buy to Let, First Time Landlords and Houses in Multiple Occupation for new and existing borrowers and a range of products for Limited Company and Portfolio clients.
Let to Buy mortgages
Ideal for first time or experienced landlord applicants looking to remortgage their existing residential properties as a Buy to Let.
Free standard valuation and £400 cashback comes as a standard with all Let to Buy products.
See our Let to Buy criteria for more information
Large Portfolio products
If your client has more than 10 mortgaged Buy to Let properties, they'll have access to our dedicated Large Portfolio product range which includes purchase, remortgage and further advance options.
We'll also pay an additional 0.10% gross procuration fee for new Large Portfolio applications, payable via your usual Mortgage Club or Network.
Additional product features
The below features are only available for single property applications on selected products subject to availability.
Products offering the free standard legal fee service
We sometimes offer products which will include the free standard legal fee service. Please check that your clients are eligible for this service and that none of the exclusions apply.
The free standard legal service is:
- Available for properties in England, Wales and mainland Scotland (unless otherwise stated)
- Applicable on selected purchase and remortgage products (please refer to the product finder for more information)
- Not available where applicants wish to choose their own solicitor.
We'll pay the standard legal fees for your client's property provided:
- The nominated conveyancer will be acting and providing a service for The Mortgage Works, only dealing with the legal aspects of your mortgage
- The legal title of the property is already registered at the Land Registry under the name of the applicant, with no parties being added to or removed from the property's legal title
- No existing secured loans will remain on the property after our mortgage starts
- The legal title of the property is freehold or leasehold.
Some scenarios won’t be eligible for the free legals service, and could require a separate legal firm to act (at the cost of the applicant) in conjunction with the remortgage transaction, for example;
- Cases which include lease extensions or changes
- Properties which are inherited.
These examples are not exhaustive and you should check our full list of non-standard fees which your client may have to pay. Please download our free standard legal fee guide and ensure a copy of this guide is provided to your client. The acting conveyancer will send your client a full list of the non-standard fees in the initial instruction letter.
If your client decides not to use the conveyancer selected by us and/or takes independent legal advice, this will not be covered under a 'free standard legal fee service' scheme. In this instance an alternative product may need to be selected, which could incur additional fees.
If your client is purchasing a property within a limited company, the free standard legal fee includes the professional fee and standard disbursements.
These products don't include non-standard payments to 3rd parties such as:
- First registration of Land Registry/Registers of Scotland
- Landlord or Management Companies fees
- Non-standard searches (e.g. mining, energy and infrastructure)
- Indemnity Insurance Policies
- Fees associated with the set-up or management of the Limited Company
Personal guarantees will be required from all directors, who are required to obtain Independent Legal Advice prior to completing the Deed of Guarantee. Independent Legal Advice is not included as part of our free standard legal service.
The Conveyancer will request searches when they're in receipt of the Mortgage Offer. This may not suit everyone, particularly if searches are delayed in their area. So, if your client requires a quick completion, they can accelerate the searches being instructed by paying the conveyancer upfront. The conveyancer will then refund these back to your client but only once they complete their Mortgage with TMW. If the application doesn’t proceed to completion, then the search fees will not be refunded and we will not pay for these. This is not applicable for Scotland.
Please note: The Mortgage Works reserves the right to request further information if deemed necessary.
Products offering free standard valuations
Available for properties in England, Wales and mainland Scotland (unless otherwise stated). Please refer to the product finder.
Products offering cashback
Where a product offers a cashback benefit, the borrower will receive this when the mortgage starts. The cashback sum will be sent to the borrower’s conveyancer with the funds for the mortgage loan.