Valuation policy and fees
|Purchase Price or Valuation (whichever is higher)||Standard Valuation fee||Standard Valuation fee including Homebuyers Report (includes VAT where due)|
|Up to £100,000||£205||£290|
|£100,001 - £150,000||£240||£385|
|£150,001 - £200,000||£280||£470|
|£200,001 - £300,000||£340||£570|
|£300,001 - £400,000||£405||£670|
|£400,001 - £500,000||£465||£780|
|£500,001 - £600,000||£515||£795|
|£600,001 - £700,000||£575||£855|
|£700,001 - £800,000||£630||£950|
|£800,001 - £900,000||£670||£1,005|
|£900,001 - £1,000,000||£725||£1,090|
|£1,000,001 - £1,250,000||£950||By Arrangement|
|£1,250,001 - £1,500,000||£1,050||By Arrangement|
|£1,500,001 - £1,750,000||£1,160||By Arrangement|
|£1,750,001 - £2,000,000||£1,275||By Arrangement|
|Over £2,000,000||By Arrangement||By Arrangement|
Where a valuation for mortgage purposes is subcontracted to a panel of chartered surveyors, we make the same charge for the mortgage valuation or Homebuyers survey and valuation in accordance with the above table as we do when using a staff valuer. The difference between the table charge and that which the company pays the panel valuer covers The Mortgage Works' administration costs.
- Re-inspection fee - £100. The Mortgage Works reserves the right to conduct an additional inspection of the property. For example, to ensure the completion of a New Build property originally valued off plans.
Valuation reports are valid for a period of 3 months. Please be aware that a mortgage offer must be issued prior to the valuation report expiring.
If you're unsure whether the property would be suitable security for us, you can complete this Pre-valuation enquiry form.
Transcribed valuationsAs of 26th January 2016, The Mortgage Works no longer accepts transcriptions for valuation purposes on Scottish Buy to Let Applications. We will instruct our own Mortgage Valuation Report on all cases as a valuation fee will be payable by the customer.
Energy Efficiency RegulationsEnergy Efficiency Regulations have introduced new minimum standards of energy efficiency for private rented properties. Landlords must ensure their properties have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of ‘E’ or higher before granting a new tenancy to new or existing tenants. For more information, read our approach to the new Energy Efficiency regulations.
- The valuer will be instructed by The Mortgage Works to determine the suitability of the security.
- In the case of BTL applications, we will apply the lower of passing rent or estimated rental value as given by the valuer.
- For all standard BTL applications, the estimated rental value will be based on the market rent for single family occupancy. (See Houses in Multiple Occupation for cases submitted as an HMO).
- If the valuation has been carried out and the property has been found to be of unsuitable security or the application does not proceed, the valuation fee will not be refunded.
If you or your client wish to appeal the valuation figure, it’s important you contact us before you submit the appeal. This means we can discuss the specific circumstances of the case and let you know the information we need to consider the appeal fully. The following is not an exhaustive list, but as a minimum this will include:
- Two (preferably three) suitable comparable sales - each must be comparable by type, size and location, and include information such as date of sale and selling agent details.
- Supporting commentary - clearly explaining why the valuation is considered incorrect.
Important information regarding appeals:
- Please contact us before you submit the appeal so we can discuss the information required. Any appeals received with missing information, or which don’t meet the necessary requirements e.g. unsuitable comparables, are likely to be dismissed.
- Valuations can only be appealed within 7 working days of you or your applicant being made aware of the valuation outcome.
- We’ll respond to the appeal within 7 working days. The response will be the full and final outcome and the valuation can’t be appealed again.