Valuation policy and fees
|Purchase Price or Valuation (whichever is higher)||Standard Valuation fee||Standard Valuation fee including Homebuyers Report (includes VAT where due)*|
|Up to £100,000||£205||£290|
|£100,001 - £150,000||£240||£385|
|£150,001 - £200,000||£280||£470|
|£200,001 - £300,000||£340||£570|
|£300,001 - £400,000||£405||£670|
|£400,001 - £500,000||£465||£780|
|£500,001 - £600,000||£515||£795|
|£600,001 - £700,000||£575||£855|
|£700,001 - £800,000||£630||£950|
|£800,001 - £900,000||£670||£1,005|
|£900,001 - £1,000,000||£725||£1,090|
|£1,000,001 - £1,250,000||£950||By Arrangement|
|£1,250,001 - £1,500,000||£1,050||By Arrangement|
|£1,500,001 - £1,750,000||£1,160||By Arrangement|
|£1,750,001 - £2,000,000||£1,275||By Arrangement|
|Over £2,000,000||By Arrangement||By Arrangement|
*This is not available for remortgage or HMO applications.
Where a valuation for mortgage purposes is subcontracted to a panel of chartered surveyors, we make the same charge for the mortgage valuation or Homebuyers survey and valuation in accordance with the above table as we do when using a staff valuer. The difference between the table charge and that which the company pays the panel valuer covers The Mortgage Works' administration costs.
- Re-inspection fee - £100. The Mortgage Works reserves the right to conduct an additional inspection of the property. For example, to ensure the completion of a New Build property originally valued off plans.
Valuation reports are valid for a period of 3 months. Please be aware that a mortgage offer must be issued prior to the valuation report expiring.
If you're unsure whether the property would be suitable security for us, you can complete this Pre-valuation enquiry form.
Transcribed valuationsAs of 26th January 2016, The Mortgage Works no longer accepts transcriptions for valuation purposes on Scottish Buy to Let Applications. We will instruct our own Mortgage Valuation Report on all cases as a valuation fee will be payable by the customer.
Energy Efficiency Regulations
Energy Efficiency Regulations have introduced new minimum standards of energy efficiency for private rented properties.
In England and Wales, landlords must ensure their properties have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of ‘E’ or higher - this applies to properties where there are existing tenants, as well as properties where a new tenancy is being created.
The rules for properties in Scotland are different - for more information, read our approach to the Energy Efficiency Regulations.
You can also check that your property has a valid EPC by using the services below to find the energy certificates for your property.
- For an England and Wales energy performance certificate here.
- For a Scotland energy performance certificate here.
- The valuer will be instructed by The Mortgage Works to determine the suitability of the security.
- In the case of BTL applications, we will apply the lower of passing rent or estimated rental value as given by the valuer.
- For all standard BTL applications, the estimated rental value will be based on the market rent for single family occupancy. (See Houses in Multiple Occupation for cases submitted as an HMO).
- If the valuation has been carried out and the property has been found to be of unsuitable security or the application does not proceed, the valuation fee will not be refunded.
If you wish to appeal the valuation figure, it’s important that it fits our criteria. We'll need the following information to consider your appeal and will reject appeals which do not provide the following:
- Details of at least two comparable properties. They must be of similar type, style, size and location to the subject property and be sold/rented within the last six months.
- A summary/additional comparables explaining why you're appealing the valuation based on the information and comparable evidence provided.
- For New Build properties, three comparable sales are required, one from the same site, one from a similar local New Build site and a second-hand property in the local area.
- Appeals received with missing information, or which don’t meet the necessary requirements will be rejected.
- Valuations can only be appealed within 10 working days of you or your client being made aware of the valuation outcome.
- We’ll respond to the appeal within 7 working days. The response will be the final outcome and the valuation can’t be appealed again.
It’s important that you review the above criteria first before contacting us. Once you have all the relevant information to hand you can contact broker support who will send you the Valuations Appeal form, which should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.