Supporting you and your clients through the Coronavirus outbreak
Last updated 7 April 2020
We know that recent developments around Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be concerning for you and your clients.
We’re keeping a close eye on the situation and have put in place measures to support you and your clients during any personal disruption, ill health or financial difficulty arising from Coronavirus.
Changes to our services
- Dedicated Broker Support phone lines aren't available until further notice. Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- Case Updates are only dealing with completion queries and have reduced opening hours from 9am to 12noon. Use TMW Online to get an update on your case.
Procuration fees will be paid as normal via your nominated Corporate Account.
How you can help us
Our contact centres are experiencing a high volume of calls. You can help us by trying to find the answer to your question in the following ways:
- Check our A-Z criteria for our detailed lending criteria.
- Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for pre-application queries.
- Get an update on your case on TMW Online, see our Case tracking page or watch a video to see how to do this.
- Check our current service levels.
Our Specialist Support team has dedicated services to help your clients through challenging times. We've introduced mortgage payment holidays for our customers who have been affected by Coronavirus, allowing a period of flexibility.
We understand that the current situation means some of your clients will need to extend their mortgage offer.
Where your client is one month from offer expiry and needs an extension, we'll allow a three month extension – subject to eligibility criteria and confirmation their circumstances have not materially changed.
We’re working to introduce an online form but in the interim please request any urgent offer extensions by emailing DBSOutbound@nationwide.co.uk and include the mortgage reference number, applicants name and confirmation that their personal and financial circumstances haven’t materially changed since application. You should only contact us if the original offer is within 30 days of expiry.
We’re currently unable to carry out physical mortgage valuations due to the government’s current measures around coronavirus. Instead, we’re working urgently to carry out as many valuations as possible without having to visit the property via automated valuation models (AVMs) and remote desktop valuations.
The property will be assessed to see if it’s suitable for a desktop valuation:
- For cases received on or before 27 March, we anticipate this assessment will happen by 24 April. For cases received after this date, we anticipate they'll be assessed within four weeks of application.
- Areas which are currently impacted by high demand, and may therefore take longer to complete are London, Swindon, Bristol, Northampton and Cardiff.
When we must visit the property
Where a property isn’t suitable for a desktop assessment, we’ll put things on hold until government advice allows valuers to conduct physical valuations.
This is not an exhaustive list but includes:
- House of Multiple Occupation – we're unable to do a desktop assessment for these cases, so it'll be placed on hold.
- Certain blocks of flats – for example where an EWS1 fire safety report is needed.
- Homebuyers Reports and Full Building Surveys - If your client has requested a Homebuyers Report or Full Building Survey, we’ll be unable to complete a valuation and the case will be placed on hold. If, after discussion with your client, you want to change to a mortgage valuation, please email email@example.com to request this, with ‘Valuation’ as the subject line. After changing, we can’t guarantee the property will be suitable for a desktop valuation and if your client decides to cancel the Homebuyer Report or Full Building Survey, we’ll be unable to reinstate it at a later date.
- New Build - We’ll only consider desktop valuations when the development has been visited in the past 12 weeks and the UK Finance Disclosure Form is available. You can email us the form quoting the case reference in the subject line to Panel.Maintenance@nationwide.co.uk. If this isn’t available or the site hasn’t been visited in the past 12 weeks, we must conduct a physical valuation.
We’re unable to accept appeals on desktop valuations.
Cancel mortgage application
If your client no longer wishes to proceed with their mortgage application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Cancellation’ as the subject line and quote the application number. This will allow us to prioritise work on applications that are progressing.
Be aware that some criminals are using Coronavirus to trick people into sharing personal or financial information.
Watch out for:
- Cold calls from criminals pretending to be from The Mortgage Works or other respectable organisations.
- Emails that ask you to click on a link to log in, update information, or to access important news.
- Remember that The Mortgage Works will never ask you to move money to a safe account.
- Do not click on links within emails – go direct to the site using the web address you know to be correct.
Search our A-Z criteria to find what you’re looking for.A-Z criteria
Track the progress of your application using TMW Online, select case tracking for an instant update.Login to TMW Online
Need to talk to us?
If you need further support, please contact one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.Use Broker Chat now