Terms and conditions
When we refer to The Mortgage Works, we mean:
- The Mortgage Works (UK) plc
- Companies administered by The Mortgage Works. These include: E-Mex Home Funding Ltd and Derbyshire Home Loans Ltd.
- The Mortgage Works (UK) plc is registered in England number 2222856. Registered Office: Nationwide House, Pipers Way, Swindon SN38 1NW.
- The Mortgage Works (UK) plc is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Nationwide Building Society and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 189623. Most buy-to-let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- All details correct at time of publication.
- All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice.
- Terms and conditions of products and services and interest rates may be varied.
- The products and services on this site are available to UK residents only (excluding Northern Ireland for mortgages) and none of the information on this site is intended for viewing by anyone living outside the UK.
- Nothing appearing on this site amounts to a formal offer to sell any product or service.
- Where this site links to other web sites, The Mortgage Works accepts no responsibility or liability for their content or accuracy.
- Any dispute arising in relation to this site or anything appearing on it will be governed by English law.
- The Mortgage Works may monitor and record any telephone calls for training and security purposes.
- All loans and mortgages are subject to status, valuation and certain restrictions. Your property will be required as security. Loans and mortgages are not available to persons under 21 years of age. Written quotations available on request.
- Mortgage products are available to new customers or to existing customers, with the exception of our Product Switch range which is available to existing customers only.
- Data Protection Act 1998 - Your personal information will only be processed by The Mortgage Works for the purposes as notified to the Information Commissioner. You may request a written copy of the details held about you. A fee of £10 is payable. Please write to The Subject Access Request Team, Customer Operations, Nationwide Building Society, Kings Park Road, Moulton Park, Northampton, NN3 6NW.
- BT landline calls to 0845 numbers cost a maximum of 3p per minute. Calls from other networks may vary.
Please see ‘How The Mortgage works and Nationwide use your information’ by clicking here.
Cookie (definition): a small file which we send to your computer. This file is then stored on your browser or hard disk. By storing the cookie on your computer we are able to recognise you when you visit our site.
The Mortgage Works is committed to protecting your privacy. Our employees are specially trained to keep customer data confidential. Encryption technology is also used to keep your information secure.
The Mortgage Works only collects personal data via this website in order to provide the information or services you request.
Some 'anonymous' data is collected. For calculations or the Decision in Principle, we need information such as employment type, term of loan and size of loan. Other anonymous data such as IP addresses, browser types, pages visited and time spent on our site is also collected to help us understand how people are using the website so that we improve its efficiency. Please see below for more information on the data we collect and 'cookies'.
Open emails are not secure. Third parties could intercept, view or alter information you send via email. The Mortgage Works is not responsible for and cannot accept liability for any damage resulting from email messages sent to or received by us. If you send us an email, please keep confidential information to a minimum. We, in turn, will use our security procedures to check your identity before giving out information about your account.
Any software from www.themortgageworks.co.uk is downloaded at your own risk. If you are unsure about the suitability of software to be downloaded from this website, please obtain specialist advice before downloading.
Up-to-date product information
In order to view the most up-to-date information on our products and services, you may need to clear your browser's cache.
Privacy statement in relation to 'cookies'
A 'cookie' is a small file which we send to your computer, and which is stored on your browser or hard disk. It allows us to recognise you when you visit the site. It also helps us to recognise your preferences so that we can improve our internet service to you. The ‘cookies’ we use include ‘targeting cookies’ to help make sure the adverts you see on your screen are relevant and useful to you. The 'cookie' does not include personal information such as your name, so your privacy is protected.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you would prefer cookies not to be used, you may be able to set your browser to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether (click "Help" in your browser menu for your browser manufacturer’s instructions). By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you will still be able to use most of the features on this website.
Google Analytics Notice
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Please click to view the TMW Online Terms and Conditions.
Treating Customers Fairly
TMW are pleased to support TCF Info with the aim of offering mortgage brokers and intermediaries practical, user-friendly guidance on the FCA principle of 'treating customers fairly' (TCF). For more information please click here.